Friday, March 15, 2013

My Spiritual Birthday




34 years ago today, I gave my heart and life to Christ. I have never looked back.

At the end of a night service, as Pastor Lee Hartman led the altar call in the basement of Heritage Baptist Church in Roselawn, Indiana, I went forward to accept Jesus’ gift of salvation.

I knelt down, my father and my pastor on either side of me. Seeing as I was only three years old, my pastor drew pictures to ensure I understood. Of course I understood.

God had sent His only Son, Jesus, to earth to die for my sins so that I could live with Him forever in Heaven. All I had to do is accept this wonderful gift of salvation. It was free and priceless at the same time.

Here I am, 34 years later, still loving God. At age 19, in the chapel of Camp Good News, I accepted God’s call to work with children and to minister to them. 18 years and 40 mentor kids later, I am still open to that call.

At age 30, I accepted God’s call to work and minister to adults as well. I am in the throes of this part of my life, and I love every minute of it.

Being obedient to The Great Commission, I have traveled all over the United States, as well as all over the world, telling others of God’s love for them. I have had many, many amazing experiences during those times. Experiences that only God could have ordained.

I got to know JP on one such missions trip. We became fast friends, and have been inseparable ever since.

I do realize that my blog is primarily about homesteading. However, today I want to take time out of my busy, never-ending schedule, pause a moment, reflect on, and be grateful for, all that God has done for me ever since I gave my whole life to Him.

As one of my heroes of Faith, Billy Graham,  said, “God proved His love on the Cross. When Christ hung, and bled, and died, it was God saying to the world, "I love you."”

I am so glad that He loves me. He loves you too. Always has, always will. Nothing that you can ever do will ever change that. Remember, as I said in a previous post, God doesn’t make mistakes.

Have a wonderful day today, my friends. Live your life to the fullest, everyday choosing JOY!

Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment