Saturday, January 5, 2013

Living Life Simply




Live life simply.

These words are emblazoned on a plaque in my living room. They are a daily reminder to slow down. To take time for the little things. To capture and live each moment.

JP and I are, for the most part, a single income family. This happened when we decided that I would be a Stay At Home Mom with Little Bug. It took us a few years to get into the groove of our new lifestyle. However, now that we have lived on basically one income for seven years, I have learned several tips and tricks to enjoying life while still stretching our dollars.

Over the past few years I have had several people ask for my advice on how to save money, how to get out of debt, how to plan vacations on little money, how to live a more simple life.

My question is this: What specific topics should I discuss on this blog? I am not the expert on ANYTHING, (except maybe how to lure Little Bug out of bed on a school morning,) but I am willing to share what I have learned over the years with those that would like to know.

As Doug Robinson said, “ I want to live simply, to work honestly, to love completely and to dare mightily, so that when I die, my children, and their children, will know that I died empty, and well satisfied.”
~Annie

6 comments:

  1. This is a great theme for a blog. We can all live more simply no matter what our income might be at different points in our lives...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see there is a primary focus on particular skills and strategies. I was wondering if maybe you could do a blog post on the types of "strategies" that govern the way you facilitate bonding time with the family? I read bits and pieces about movie nights and playing board games, but I wonder if you might expand on that a bit and your philosophies on the subject. I think it's really cool how you're able to bring about a great level of intimacy with the family without having to spend lots of money to make it happen. A lot of fun stuff seems to be low-cost, creative ways to make a really supportive environment and I'd love some advice on this very important component of family building.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. robb, stay tuned for blogs focused on how our family grows closer together. :)

      Delete
  3. Sarah - I think you need to blog about everything. You are so full of life and ideas, and I learn from you all of the time on FB, and would benefit from anything you have to share.

    ReplyDelete