Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Annie's Stuffed Pepper Soup


As temperatures dip their windchill below zero degrees, a hot pot of soup is the perfect meal to welcome home your family. I love making this soup because it is easy to make whenever you have time in the day and set aside until supper time. It also can be made right before you need it, so don't write it off as one of those "I will never have time to make that" type of recipes.

Annie's Stuffed Pepper Soup

1 cup chopped onion (Vidalia gives the best taste)
1/4 cup chopped celery
1 clove minced garlic
2 cups chopped bell peppers (I grab them from my stock in the freezer from last season)
1 pound ground chuck (you can use what ever ground meat you wish)
1 pint chopped canned tomatoes (or you can buy them in a can)
2 quarts cream of tomato soup (this is what I use, you can also use1/2 cup tomato juice and the rest water, however you will get a slightly different flavor.)
1 cup uncooked rice (I get the small rice from this cute little asian store in Chicago..I'm sure any ol' rice will do!)
Enough water to fill the pot (let's not be too precise, ok?)
2 Tbsp sugar (I use raw)
1 tsp salt (I use Russian sea salt, but any will do)
1 tsp ground black pepper (sometimes i use white pepper if I feel daring)
Throw meat in and start browing and chopping
Add the chopped veggies and garlic
Finish browning the meat
Throw the rest in and stir awhile
Stir every so often.
Wait for rice to explode, and voilia! it is finished! :)

It really is THAT easy. I promise. Y'all have a wonderful day. Stay warm. Stay inside if possible. Enjoy your soup and have a blessed day!

~Annie

4 comments:

  1. I just made this soup and wow- it is awesome. It was very simple to make and it makes a large amount. My husband is looking forward to coming home from work tonight to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad to hear it! You just made my night!

      Delete
    2. And just so you know, he loved the soup and I am bringing his mom the leftovers later today!

      Delete