Monday, September 16, 2013

Jen’s Sautéed Peppers






Over the summer, I had the opportunity to stay with my sweet friend, Jen. While there, she fixed us some fabulous sautéed peppers.

Now that peppers are plentiful, both in the garden and in the grocery, I thought I would share her delicious recipe with you all.

Jen’s Sautéed Peppers

·        Chunk your peppers. I like to use a nice mix of sweet and hot peppers in different colors to give a variety of color and heat.
·        Place pan on low heat.
·        Drizzle olive oil on bottom of pan.
·        Toss in peppers.
·        Liberally apply balsamic vinaigrette over all of the peppers.
·        If you are feeling extra frisky, add a tablespoon or so of minced garlic.
·        Sautee over a low heat, stirring occasionally, until peppers are to desired tenderness.

For variation, you may want to try adding onions or mushrooms (or both!) to the mix.

The first time I made this for my family, they ate it so quickly, I hardly had the opportunity to have any! I now know to make a double batch, every time!

~Annie

If you would like to follow Homestead Annie on Facebook, simply click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment