Monday, May 6, 2013

CC’s Tomato And Green Bean Salad




A few years ago, my friend, CC, brought a Tomato and Green Bean salad to one of our get-togethers. It was so delicious that I simply had to have the recipe. And now I want to share it with you.

I love to make this salad in the summer. It is great for summer parties, church potlucks, evening meals, and afternoon snacks. It is also extremely easy to make and store.

CC’s Tomato And Green Bean Salad

  • Grab a bunch of green beans and snap or cut the ends off. I usually get 1-2 pounds, depending on how many people will be eating the salad.
  • Place beans in metal colander.
  • Wash beans.
  • Heat large pot of water to boiling.
  • Place metal colander and beans into boiling pot of water.
  •  
  • Cover.
  • Leave alone for two minutes.
  • Stir beans around, making sure that all of the beans get a chance to be in the water.
  • Leaves alone for two more minutes.
  • Grab one bean and take a bite. Beans should still be slightly crunchy.
  • Remove from boiling water. Place under cold, running water, rinsing for at least two minutes. This will cool the beans down quickly so the cooking process stops.
  •  
  • Place beans in large bowl.
  • Wash desired amount of cherry or grape tomatoes. Add. I like to use ½ -1 pound in each salad.
  •  
  • Add to large bowl of beans.
  • Lightly drizzle olive oil all over beans and tomatoes.
  • Sprinkle sea salt over mixture, stirring to ensure full coverage.
  •  
  • Chill for at least one hour.

I use this salad as a wonderful addition to my lunches while I am out working in the fields. It does not get mushy. I do not have to worry about it spoiling in the heat. It is light and refreshing. I hope that you enjoy it as much as I do!


"Don't waste your life in doubts and fears: spend yourself on the work before you, well assured that the right performance of this hour's duties will be the best preparation for the hours or ages that follow it." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson.

If you would like to follow Homestead Annie on Facebook, simply click here.
~Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment