Saturday, April 13, 2013

Annie’s All Natural Pots and Pans Cleaner





Last night I made some super yummy stuffed peppers. I will post the recipe in a future blog, but for now, I need to tell y’all what I did. I burnt the peppers to the bottom of the pot.

Not just a little scorched, either. The “food-was- burned –to- the- bottom –of- the- pot -and –there- is- no- hope- for- redemption- might –as- well –throw- it- all -out –and- buy- new” kind.

But here is the problem. I love that pot. Therefore, I couldn’t give up on it. Not without a fight. Enter, Annie’s All Natural Pots and Pans Cleaner.

Annie’s All Natural Pots and Pans Cleaner

·        Cover affected area of pot or pan with ¼ inch of baking soda.
·        Pour vinegar over area until completely covered.
·        Let mixture sit for 5 minutes. Call the kiddos over to watch. Everyone likes a good fizz show.
·        Scrape and rinse.
·        Repeat first three steps, adding extra vinegar.
·        Bring pot to a boil, watching it carefully. Boil 2 minutes.
·        Let cool, then scrape and rinse.

I have used the recipe several times. Most of the time the pot or pan becomes as good as new. I have always seen marked improvement in the pot or pan, and I have always been able to salvage it instead of throwing it away.

I hope y’all never need to use this recipe. Hopefully you will never scorch a pot or pan. However, if you are like me, life gets busy, distractions arise, something shiny appears, and eventually the food gets burnt. While I cannot salvage you’re your meal, at least I can give you a way to salvage your pan.

“The grand essentials of life are something to do, something to love, something to hope for.”~ Thomas Chalmers.

~Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment