Thursday, July 25, 2013

Annie’s Sweet Mama’s Cucumbers and Onions




This morning I had a bit of a problem. So many cucumbers had come on in the garden, that I had overflow.

 I did not need any more pickles made. I had plenty to eat fresh. There was only one thing left to do. I made my mama’s cucumbers and onions recipe.

Annie’s Sweet Mama’s Cucumbers and Onions

  • Chop cucumbers and place in deep dish that was a lid.
  • Chop onion and add to cucumbers. Mix.
  • In separate bowl, mix 1 part apple cider vinegar, 1 part sugar, and two parts water.
  • Heat liquid mixture in microwave for three minutes.
  • Pour liquid mixture over cucumbers and onions until just covered. If liquid does not cover the cucumbers and onions, just make more.
  • Salt and pepper to taste.
  • Refrigerate for at least 6 hours. Overnight is preferable.
If you are feeling sassy, add tomatoes.

This is a great dish for a summer picnic or a summer night’s meal at home.

Have a wonderful day, my friends!

~Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment