Sunday, July 21, 2013

Annie’s Fresh From The Garden Salsa






Now is the time of year where gardens, farmer’s markets and groceries everywhere are boasting the bountiful yields of summer.

My favorite veggies to plant are tomatoes. One of my favorite ways to eat fresh tomatoes is to use them to make fresh, homemade salsa.

Annie’s Fresh From The Garden Salsa

·        Grab the following from your garden or favorite grocery:

·        3 large tomatoes
·        2-3 large green bell peppers
·        1 large sweet onion
·        1-2 jalapenos

·        Dice all of the above and place in large bowl. I like to use my small food processor. It does a wonderful job and is so easy!

·        Add 2 Tsp of minced garlic

·        Add 2 Tsp of Kosher or Sea Salt

·        Add 1 Tsp of dried cilantro, or 2 Tbsp of fresh cilantro, minced

·        Mix well.

·        Chill in fridge for at least 1hour.

·        Mix before serving.

I serve this salsa with chips, as a relish, and also as a side to eat with meat fresh off the grill. The above makes about a gallon of salsa. My family runs through it in less than a week. I hope y’all enjoy it as much as we do!

~Annie 

1 comment: