Tuesday, June 11, 2013

BB’s Amazing Tub and Shower Cleaner



Coming home from vacation, I had a few days before I started my summer job as an agronomist. I took this opportunity to do a bit of deep cleaning. One of my projects was to remove the build up of soap scum and grime from our tub and surround.

Since we live on a working homestead, our tub and shower get a lot of use, and are in a constant cry to be cleaned.

Last year, my friend, BB, told me of an awesome way to get rid of the soap scum, grime, and hard water stains from around my tub and surround. The great part is that it takes minimal elbow grease on my part. I hope you find it as useful as I do!

BB’s Amazing Tub and Shower Cleaner

  • ¾ cup vinegar. Heat in microwave for 2 minutes. Pour into spray bottle.
  • Add ¼ cup blue Dawn.
  • Place two cups of water in microwave for 2 minutes. Add to solution.
  • Mix well.
  • Spray liberally on tub and surround.
  • Walk away and let it set for 15 minutes. Chat with a friend, read your book, weed a row in your garden…something besides staring at your tub. Because seriously, we all have better things to do than stare at our tub while it soaks in solution.
  • Head back on in to the bathroom. Take a washcloth with you.
  • Wipe down the surround and tub. Rinse.
  • You may have to repeat a few times (as I did) if you have been neglecting your tub for a while. However, you will see fabulous results in the end!

Tonight, when JP arrived home from work, I showed him the tub. He was in awe. It looked so shiny and clean, that it looked brand new. This stuff is seriously that good.

Enjoy your summer, my friends! Show that tub who’s boss!

~Annie

If you would like to follow Homestead Annie on Facebook, simply click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment