Thursday, October 10, 2013

The Day I Married Away My Sweet Mama






The following is my Matron of Honor speech from my sweet mama’s wedding. Many people that were not able to attend have asked to see it. Many people have asked me my thoughts on my sweet mama getting remarried.  The following should answer all questions:


"Good Afternoon.

My name is Annie.

Thank you for coming to celebrate with us today.

Today we are celebrating the union of my sweet mama to her sweetheart, Dave.

My sweet mama has always been my hero. I never truly understood how little we had because my mama made the best of everything. When I was pregnant with Emma, she moved here to be closer to us, and to be a daily part of Emma’s life. For this, I will be forever grateful.

Dave came into my life a little over a year ago.

In that time, he has come to mean so much to us.

He is my friend, my rescuer of flat tires. My chauffer. My baby sitter after my surgery. A hand to hold while laying on my hospital bed. 

He stepped into a role I thought would never be filled again. I am honored that today, Dave became my Dad.

Today we celebrate the marriage of two people very dear to me.

Today our family gained a husband, a father, and a grandfather. Welcome  to our family, Dave.

We love you."

~Annie

If you would like to follow Homestead Annie on Facebook, simply click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment